Monday, March 14, 2011

Spring Break 2011

Usually, I cannot wait until Spring Break but this year it snuck up on me. Maybe that has something to do with the fact that I have been going ninety miles an hour since I first started school back in the fall. I can now officially declare cheerleading season is over! Thank goodness. Until next week....when we start try-outs for next year's squad. This will be followed by uniform fittings, fundraisers, and practices to prepare for camp. So...my break from cheerleading will last ONE week. Though, to outsiders, on paper, it may look like I have three months off in the spring. Not true! However, I do enjoy my job thoroughly, maybe more so than any other job I have had. This makes all things bearable, including no off season for cheerleading.

In other news, our good friends, the Harkriders, are alive and well in Japan. They survived the earthquake and tsunami that hit Japan last week. We are so very grateful for their safety and we continue to pray for the others affected by the tragedy in Japan. See you soon, my friends!

Spring break brings the bliss of no plans! While I do have things to accomplish, I have no set schedule and therefore can go at my own pace. Like I said...pure bliss! I have managed to accomplish one thing thus far...tanning. I am currently sitting on my couch blogging (instead of completing online training..which is, of course, not my fault) while I wait on my new bronze spray tan to settle in. I plan on telling the kiddos when I get back my glow is natural. Shh...don't tell my little secret!

Other things to tick off my list this week include:
  • spring cleaning
  • online training
  • lesson plans
  • car wash

Those are the necessities so we will see how much I get accomplished. My parents arrive at the end of the week for a visit. It will be their first visit to Lubbock since football season so they have not seen our new bedroom furniture or tv in the master bedroom. It will be nice to have them come stay at our house. I am looking forward to it.

January and February were fairly busy for us with basketball games every Tuesday and Friday night but we did manage to get down to Dallas at the end of January for Ford's thirtieth birthday party. It was a throw back to the eighties and tons of fun. I also managed to sneak in some girl time with my girlfriends, which is always therapeutic and always fun. We also managed to make it to Houston for the rodeo cook-off with our friends the McKnights and Jordan/JT. It was sort of a mini-reunion from our trip to Boise last August for Susanna's wedding. It was lots of fun. We did the rodeo cook-off Friday night and we went out to an Irish pub and another Houston bar Saturday night. I think my favorite part of the trip was sitting on a patio with Jordan and Amelia drinking mimosas and talking. There is nothing a good chat with your girlfriends can't fix!

Well, having done my duty to update this blog, I am now off to enjoy the rest of my spring break. Here's to hoping for beautiful weather and sunshine this week!

Devin

No comments:

Post a Comment