Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Mrs. Street!!!!

It's official! I am now Mrs. Street! Colton and I were married August 15, 2009 and it was the best day of my life. The wedding weekend was wonderful. Here is a recap.

On Friday, my bridesmaids and I went to have mani/pedis done at my favorite nail salon in Fort Worth, Skyline Nails. They did a great job and my girls enjoyed it. The rehearsal was at the church and it went very smoothly. The rehearsal dinner was at the Reata in downtown Fort Worth. We had it on the rooftop patio, which was a perfect location. It was not too hot and it was very relaxed and casual. On the menu- beef tenderloin, ribeye steaks, and tuscany chicken. It was delicious. It was a time of good food, family, friends, and fellowship. Colton's brother, Chase, started things off with a fun toast. My sister followed suit with a beautiful tribute to Colton and I. It was an amazing speech. It was the perfect way to spend my last evening as a single woman.

On Saturday morning, Colton's aunts were nice enough to throw a bridal luncheon at Jan's house. It was beautifully decorated in our color scheme and it was a lot of fun. All the aunts had matching aprons and they cooked all the dishes themselves! Great food. I need those cooking skills to rub off on me!

After brunch, we headed out to hair and make-up. My normal stylist,Connie, was doing my hair so we headed out to Lemongrass Salon for hair. Every one of my bridesmaids hair look amazing. The girls looked so beautiful with their hair swept up. We had make-up at the church with Kristin Allie, who did a fantastic job, and her assistant Dre. I received so many compliments on my makeup the day of the wedding. Kristin worked her magic and made me look stunning. I loved it.

After we had been pampered all afternoon, the girls settled in for some munching on snacks provided to us by the awesome church staff at University UMC in Fort Worth. A few of the bridesmaids also managed to get in some dancing in the back as well.

Photos took place and all of a sudden it was time to get ready. All day I was so calm and cool but right before the ceremony I got really nervous. When the doors opened and I looked down the aisle, I started crying! I think I cried most of the way down the aisle. It is all a blur. It felt like we were only up there for about ten minutes and then it was all over. We had a great time at the reception at Bass Hall. The food was good, the cake was amazing, and the band was AWESOME. It was fun to see all of our friends and family celebrating with us. I danced the night away with my bridesmaids and Colton. We rode off into the night in a horse drawn carriage to our honeymoon suite at the Omni. It was a perfect night to marry a perfect man. The whole night gleamed of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment