Thursday, August 6, 2009

Wedding Frenzy

I have been back for awhile now and have been super busy with not only my own wedding but attending others.

Colton and I traveled to San Angelo the weekend after I returned from Poland for our good friends Allison and Matt's wedding. We had a great time celebrating with them!

I have since been in wedding overdrive. I have been meeting vendors, calling people and making appointments, dealing with small crises, and trying to enjoy it all at once. Planning a wedding is definitely not easy. My favorite appointment was the my baker, Roshi, at Society Bakery. Her appointment ended with four cupcakes in a box with me on the way home. Peanut butter chocolate chip, banana chocolate chip, and two chocolate! Notice a theme? I absolutely love her bakery and she is a Red Raider to boot. It cannot get better than that. Even Ellen DeGeneres loves her cupcakes and ranked them top ten in the US!

Small details take up most of my time at the moment but I do feel like I am accomplishing things when I can cross things off my list. 9 days to go! Next week, I have to put together goody bags for guests. I have decided to bake my mother's homemade chocolate chocolate chip cookies as treats and hand those out with the itinerary I made. I think it will be cute and delicious!

I had my bachelorette party last weekend. It was a blast and it reminded me of what great friends I have. We had a lot of fun talking, laughing, and floating the rivers (Comal and Guadalupe) in New Braunfels. It really reminded me how special my sister is. She did a FANTASTIC job planning everything and going the extra mile to make it fun for me. I love her!

I think after all this wedding stuff settles down I may try to start training again for the half marathon at White Rock Lake in Dallas in December. Ask me how I feel about this decision after the wedding! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment