Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Life is a decision. Live with a purpose.

I have not blogged in awhile. I find it is hard being a wife and teacher among other things while still trying to find enough time in the day to blog. Colton tells me I must have been born to be a housewife because I stress easily when given lots of tasks. Its one of my traits I struggle with and have to continually work on. I will admit...being a housewife and stay at home mom does sound appealing.

I have been going through wedding withdrawals lately. I find this need to look at my photographer's website every day and I have a deep desire to help my friends plan their weddings. Its difficult to explain because I loved my wedding and would not change a thing about it. But...its fun to plan a wedding. I only wish I was creative enough to do it for a living.

I have tossed around lots of ideas lately about "what I want to be when I grow up". I love teaching but I know eventually I will leave the profession once I have kids of my own. I like the idea of opening my own bakery. Its something I will have to explore. Sometimes I have all these creative ideas of what I want to do with my life and other times I think I would be perfectly content to be a stay at home mom. Only time will tell I guess.

I heard a wonderful speaker at a training I went to last weekend. His message" Life is a decision. Live with a purpose." The message resonated with me. So many times I will get down on myself or something in my life. The last week, each time I start to feel stress creeping on me, I repeat that message to myself. It seems to work. I have been trying hard to overcome my constant stress levels and to accept that not every mountain can be moved in one day. I like this message and plan to use it often.

I am enjoying married life immensely. I grow and learn with Colton each day and love him more and more. Simple things will remind me why I love him. I am also enjoying learning to be a good wife. I find myself browsing recipes and thinking of errands or chores I need to do to make sure our house is always neat and cozy. I like doing these things now when I did not before. I am not going to say I love folding laundry or washing dishes. But..I do like doing those things to please my husband and to make him happy. I am lucky in that I have a husband who helps out and does not expect me to do everything.

My school year is going well. I like my students and I feel confident! Finally, after four years, I feel like I am where I want to be professionally. Teaching really is a special profession and the joy you get from it is unexplainable. I was talking with a friend today about meeting up for a football game at my old school in Plano and she mentioned she told one of my former students. The student is staying late after school so I can see them. Little things like that make a difference in what I do and I love it.

My mom is getting better and she is almost back to work. Her surgery went well and hopefully she will be back to normal in no time. She is a strong woman so I have faith.

Until next time, blessings,
Devin

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your recent wedding! :) I like the message, "Life is a decision..." It reminds me of the most important thing I've learned since I've been married. And since you are recently married I will pass it along. Love is a CHOICE. Most people think that love is a feeling...the one you get in the pit of your stomach that tingles. :P But when infatuation fades, you have to choose to love one another every day, even on the hard days! Many people think that love goes away when the tingly feelings stop...but the truth is that love deepens when you choose to keep loving one another!

    Thanks for letting me leave such a long post! Congrats again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cara! I just now saw this. I really like your response. thanks for sharing with me!

    ReplyDelete