Thursday, November 5, 2009

Fall Ramblings

School has been a little on the overwhelming side lately. I have been pulling my hair out trying to get all my kiddos passing. It seems there is an epidemic of not turning in your work (Ever) and I cannot seem to motivate them to get the work in. It has caused me many headaches lately and I keep hoping something will light a fire under their bottoms so they start turning in this late work.

Colton and I have been traveling back and forth to Lubbock a lot lately so we decided to stay home last weekend. It was so nice and relaxing. I think this is the first Halloween in a long time where we had no plans. We spent the weekend relaxing. On Saturday, Colton even went shopping with me for a bit to use some of our wedding gift cards. We completed our everyday dinnerware plates, pasta bowls, and salad plates. I am excited about this! We spent the afternoon watching football with Faye and Jason. I spent Sunday with my family while Colton went to the Cowboys game. It was a nice weekend.

I am getting antsy for the holidays. I keep "popping in" stores to see what new decorations they have for Christmas. It's only November 4 and I am already planning my holiday decorations and dreaming of candy canes and snow (yeah right, not in Texas!) It is so tempting to splurge on all the cute new items at Pottery Barn, Dillards, and Macys but so far I have reigned in my spending habits...for now.

We have four weddings coming up in the next three weeks. A family friend of ours is getting married this weekend and we are moving my sister to Austin. It should be a busy weekend and a busy month of weddings. I hope to find time to get some baking done before Thanksgiving. I have several new recipes I want to try!

XOXO,
Devin

No comments:

Post a Comment