Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Cadbury Eggs...a love/hate relationship

If I had to choose one seasonal candy to live off of forever, it would be the Cadbury Creme Egg. I love these things so much my husband threatens to disown me everytime he catches me eating one. I even have a recipe saved in my google reader for Cadbury Creme Egg cupcakes. What! I think I have what many might call an addiction. Luckily for me, these sweet treats are only available for a limited amount of time. Not lucky for me, retailers have started setting them out directly after Valentines. That gives me three months of guilt/bliss to enjoy. Oh how I wish the more I ate them the skinnier I got. Dream on, D, dream on.

In other, more interesting Street news, we spent a busy Easter weekend spending time with family and friends. We had dinner with our good friends Allison and Matt at Pappadeux Friday night. Wine, good music, and good friends on a gorgeous spring evening on the patio...can you really beat that? Saturday found me traveling to Rockwall with my mom and sister for my grandma's surprise 80th birthday. It was so much fun. My grandma was surprised, to say the least. It was her first surprise party and her first ride in a limo. It was an all girls affair with the women of my family and my grandmother's gal pals. We had lunch at Gloria's on the harbor in Rockwall. Very fun.

After her birthday lunch, I came back to Fort Worth to meet Colton so we could head out to Possum Kingdom Lake to spend Easter with his family. We spent the evening having fun and fellowship with his dad's side of the family. They are very close to one another. Its something I really like about them and it makes me happy to be a part of their family now. Plus, I am lucky. I have good inlaws. One of my students asked me the other day if I like my inlaws and I feel blessed that I can say yes.

We woke up early Sunday morning to make it back to church services at eleven. After church, we went to my parent's house for Easter. Mom had a great Easter lunch and she even gave us all Easter baskets filled with yummy treats. My mother is aware of my affinity for all things Cadbury so she placed some creme eggs in my basket. They are now sitting on my kitchen table and I am in the process of an staredown with those eggs. To eat or not to eat? That is the question.

I have a wonderful family and I am very blessed to be able to spend time with them and enjoy it. Colton and I are very lucky to have as much love and support as we do.

This weekend is Lizzy's shower and I have been busy planning every last detail. Hopefully all goes off without a hitch. I will try and remember to post pictures of the party. We have another Lubbock trip in our near future and hopefully we will find good news/things when we are there. Jobs and a house would be nice!

XOXO,
Devin

No comments:

Post a Comment