Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Good things come to those who wait...right?

As you may know, C and I have been trekking back and forth to Lubbock for awhile now in search of our first home (oh...and me a job). Ha! So, we determined the area we wanted to be in and began looking at homes in two specific neighborhoods. Our first two trips were not fruitful. We never really found a house we loved. We did find one we both adored but it was right next to a power grid. Can we say NO loud enough? I do not want my future unborn kiddos playing outside near power lines. Unfortunately, we had no clue what we were doing at first and if we had paid attention we might have never gone in this house in the first place. But...oh well. So, we left last weekend for another trip to LBK as seasoned home searchers (does two or three trips of home searching makes us veterans? I think so!) I was very hopeful as I had decided I was in love with a specific house in a neighborhood we had not really looked in. I had stalked said house online all week. I was sure we would love it. We were met with rain (somehow all of our trips have brought bad weather) and, of course, good ole Lubbock wind. Awesome! Our first stop was a home our realtor selected for us to see that was new construction. We actually met with the builder. Little did we know, as we walked in to our appt, that this would be the house that captured our hearts. I will fast forward through the other houses as they were nothing special until our last stop at the house I thought I would love. And I did love it...except there was no shower in the master bath. C would have to trek across the house to use a shower. The master closet was also a little on the small side. Boo! But...our hearts were hopeful that we had found our new house in our first stop. We went home and slept on it. We went and saw the house two more times and decided to make an offer. SO....here is where I will pause this story because I do not want to gush all of the details only to come back disappointed if we do not get it. Everyone say a little prayer for us that we found our new home. I will update once we know!

XOXO,
Devin

2 comments:

  1. So exciting! Big prayers headed your way!! Remember it's all in His plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy! Your girl is SO cute!

    ReplyDelete