Sunday, September 23, 2012

Where did the time go?

It seems like just yesterday I was typing away about Valentine's Day and here it is September. My dad always told me time flies once you have a child and boy was he right. It feels like time has just zipped by, leaving me just a little flustered and full of memories from the first five months of my daughter's life.

Reese Isabella Street was born on April 17, 2012, a healthy 8.1 lbs and 22 inches long. Life has been crazy since she arrived and I can honestly say it's also never been better. Having a child changes you and your marriage. In my experience, it has made me a better person and my marriage stronger, so I feel I am very blessed.

I am now a SAHM (stay at home mom for those of you who are acronym challenged) and I feel very lucky to have the opportunity for me to stay at home. It was a difficult transition at first because I LOVED my job and LOVED my students so it was hard to say good bye to that part of my life. However, I realize how lucky I am to be able to witness all of Reese's firsts. We are doing well staying at home and I am really enjoying my time with her.

One of my very best friends got married in Santa Fe two weeks after Reese was born so she experienced her first road trip at just 18 days old. We were very fortunate to have Colton's mom travel with us and keep her while we attended all the wedding festivities. She is already well traveled. She has been to Santa Fe, Houston, Dallas, and Fort Worth so far. She is a great little traveler.

Life is good right now and we are enjoying each day.

XXOO,
Devin

No comments:

Post a Comment