Sunday, January 3, 2010

Last Day of Blissful Vacation

Today is my last day of Christmas vacation and I am spending it in my pajamas with my husband watching football, TTU basketball, and movies intermittently. Now, don't get me wrong, I do love my job and am excited to get back to work. But....I could also envision myself being perfectly happy being a kept woman who stays at home taking care of house and (later) children. Its very easy to envision this scenario when faced with a 6:30 a.m. alarm on the not too distant horizon.

My Red Raiders pulled through yesterday and now I hope we can move past all this drama that has plagued us for the last few days and move forward. Here's to hoping for a good season a Tech football next year and a good new coach.

I have already started on my 101 in 1001 list and made some progress. I am working on how to put said list into my blog on the sidebar without re-typing the entire thing. For some reason, the copy and paste feature is not working and I currently do not have interest in re-typing the entire thing. It will eventually get done.

Here is what I have accomplished or begun working on thus far.

#5- purchase Dad a very special gift --> Technically, I purchased this gift for my father for Christmas so it should not count. But, I am considering it a Christmas/birthday/Fathers day present for the year because it was little expensive but totally worth it. Its the most meaningful gift I think I have ever given and I am very proud of how it turned out. With the help of my good friend Cristina Wisner (my wedding photographer), I had a photo of my dad and I dancing enlarged and she did some custom editing for me to include lyrics from a song he wrote for me when I was little. It was custom framed too since it was 16x24. It turned out beautifully.

The lyrics- Let me look back on my life
                    Hold the woman that's my wife
                    Let me thank her for the gift
                    That changed my world
                    Lord I know they'll be fine
                    When I cross that finish line
                    Let me look just one more time
                    At my little girl
                    My little girl
*I will post a pic of the finished project later this week.

#16- I am currently watching the TTU basketball game and the Cowboys game with Colton. We watched the Tech football game last night.

#18 Colton and I created our bucket list of places to travel. Its rather ambitious and includes 40 locations, which I will post at a later date. I decided the best way to accompish this was to make a top ten list for four different categories- US, Europe, Caribbean & Central America, and Other. Other includes anywhere in the world not covered by first three categories.

#33- I am currently updating my blog for the week.

#96- I have taken two pictures thus far and will take one later today for my photo 365 project.

It's kind of fun to have something to work towards each day. I hope this project is as enjoyable as I think its going to be!

Happy Sunday! XOXO,
Devin

1 comment:

  1. A kept woman? You are THE woman! A kept one would be the mistress with the easy life. Staying home and raising kids=HARD AS HELL. I must say, upon reading some of your posts for the first time today, I thoroughly enjoyed!

    Quite specific goals you have set, but all attainable. Im rooting for numbers 28, 29, 30, 34, 36 and of course 61! Number 50 sounds like a doozy and if you need suggestions for 17 or 65, Im your girl! Well good luck and Im looking forward to clicking on this link more often! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete