Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Last Day of January

Colton and I have spent the day enjoying being off work. We attended church this morning and went to our weekly Sunday lunch spot, Chilis. (If it were up to me, I would eat at Chilis every day. However, my waistline would not appreciate that so I refrain.) Since my list requires that I decorate cakes twice a month for practice, and I have not yet done this, I spent the afternoon in the kitchen whipping up some tasty treats to decorate. As we speak, I have a red velvet cake and french vanilla cupcakes cooling on wire racks, just begging to be decorated. I will brag...I made the red velvet cake from scratch! I hope it turns out well. Pics to be posted later this week.

Our good friends Simon and Amanda are now officially residents of Oklahoma City so we attended a going away party in their name Friday evening. The party was held at TABC in Dallas and it was nice to see some of our Dallas friends. We had dinner with Colton's buddy from college, Derek and his wife and two kids. Hopefully, when we move to Lubbock, we will be good friends with them.

We are on week two of our eating healthy plan and I hope to start seeing some changes soon. We have a wedding in three weeks and the Cowtown in four so I am hoping to be in better shape by then.

Random facts/thoughts-
*My sister turned 24 this week.
*Colton and I are headed to Lubbock this weekend.
*I am thinking of trying bikram yoga. Its up in the air right now.
*I finished the book, The Help, which is on the NY Times bestseller list right now. Its a really good, fictional book on the relationship between white and black women during the 1960s in Mississippi. It is one of the better books I have read in awhile. I would recommend it for a good fiction read.

I am off to decorate aforementioned cupcakes and cake as well as fry some chicken tenders for dinner! Have a blessed week!
XOXO,
Devin

No comments:

Post a Comment