Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A Clean House and CCC Cookies...this is the life!

As I sit here relaxing on my couch before I begin to peruse some home decorating magazines for my new house that I do not have yet, I am enjoying the satisfaction of a clean house. I spent the morning cleaning our apartment and taking down Christmas decorations. I must say taking down the decorations is not nearly as fun as putting them up. While I was cleaning, I decided to mix up a new chocolate cookie recipe I found on The Nest cooking chat board. It involves using Bailey's Irish Cream in the batter. Yum! I whipped up a batch and baked cookies while I was cleaning. Let me tell you...these cookies are divine. Soft and chewy. They may be better than the last new recipe I tried. TBD. I definitely like how soft they are. I will put them through the milk test later. And then I will bust out my Wii Active to burn some of those cookie calories.

I am going to have a lazy afternoon while the chicken cooks in the crockpot. I am making homemade chicken and noodles. I made noodles from scratch last week to take to Kress but I decided not to take them last minute. So now I am going to use the noodles with the chicken in the crockpot. Yum!

Tonight...the Tech boys basketball game is on TV so Colton and I are planning on heading over to Snookies (the bar across the street) to watch the game.

XOXO,
Devin

No comments:

Post a Comment